We are fortunate again this year to purchase food through Feed My People at a much reduced price. Because of this, we are asking you again to consider a monetary donation. The last day to take food requests will be Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Operation Christmas Bulletin Board with it’s RED and GREEN tags for the needed $10 to $15 gifts for children through grades 12 will be up as soon as we start taking requests. Please take a tree tag, purchase and wrap the gift, then tape the tag back onto the gift. Gifts can then be placed in the large gift wrapped box by the bulletin board. Because of size variation, clothes are not recommended. Gift cards are a great idea for teens! The last day to bring gifts will be Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Distribution of food and gifts will be on Friday, December 15 from 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm; and on Saturday, December 16 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
We will also be doing Christmas cookies for Shut-Ins again this year. Last year, a multitude of wonderful bakers made this mission possible. A sign-up sheet for bakers can be found in the narthex. Cookies can be left in the Church kitchen — please label “Cookies for Shut-Ins”. (Small to medium size cookies NO NUTS please!) The last day to have the cookies to the Church for packing and distribution will be Saturday, December 11, 2017.
How else can you help?
- Donate $$ to Operation Christmas
- Bring Gifts of Food that we cannot purchase such as powdered milk, box mixes (pancakes, muffins, Bisquick, brownies, cake, pudding, stuffing), instant potatoes, Jell-O, coffee, tea, granola or breakfast bars, syrup, Jams, and Jellies
- Buy and wrap gifts for children
- Bring hats and mittens
- Bake Cookies
- Volunteer to help out (sign up sheet in the Narthex)
- Include this outreach project in your prayers
Thank you, Kathy McCoy